Grace in time of need


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Because of God’s grace to me, ...” 1 Corinthians 3v10-11 (NLT)

“According to the grace ...” 1 Corinthians 3v10-11 (AMP)

I love the grace of God, and there are some verses that bring such encouragement about it. Hebrews 4v14-16 (NIV) says “Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are – yet He did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” From this verse, we see that we have a high priest, a great one, and His name is Jesus Christ. He understands what we are going through, and He will have us come to the throne of grace, so that we can receive grace and mercy. We don’t have to struggle through our temptations, trials, difficulties, and beat ourselves over the head trying to solve it on our own. Not at all, we can come to Him, for He understands. In Matthew 11v28-30 (MSG) the Bible says ““Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to Me. Get away with Me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with Me and work with Me – watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with Me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” Hallelujah. Go to Jesus today with your cares and burdens. He cares for you, He is a good Shepherd who cares.

Supplementary Text
“For, as we all know, He [Christ] did not take hold of angels [the fallen angels, to give them a helping and delivering hand], but He did take hold of [the fallen] descendants of Abraham [to reach out to them a helping and delivering hand]. So it is evident that it was essential that He be made like His brethren in every respect, in order that He might become a merciful (sympathetic) and faithful High Priest in the things related to God, to make atonement and propitiation for the people’s sins. For because He Himself [in His humanity] has suffered in being tempted (tested and tried), He is able [immediately] to run to the cry of (assist, relieve) those who are being tempted and tested and tried [and who therefore are being exposed to suffering].” Hebrews 2v16-18 (AMP)

Prayer
Are you burdened or heavy laden – go to Jesus. Go to the throne of grace where you can receive mercy and grace.

And perhaps you do not even know Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour, and you want to have a relationship with Him. The Bible says:

“That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.”  Romans 10v9-10

You can say this prayer: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

If you said this prayer today, know that you are now a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church, and keep the faith! Welcome into God’s family.

Comments

Popular Posts