Assurance of Victory (Moses, 10)

29 June 2010 – Assurance of Victory (Moses, 10)

Hello everyone,
How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His goodness, His mercies, His faithfulness, for His presence with us, and for the victory we have because of Him.

Primary Text: Exodus 4v29-31&5v1-2
“And Moses and Aaron went and gathered together all the elders of the children of Israel: And Aaron spake all the words which the LORD had spoken unto Moses, and did the signs in the sight of the people. And the people believed and when they heard that the LORD had visited the children of Israel, and that He had looked upon their affliction, then they bowed their heads and worshipped. And afterward Moses and Aaron went it, and told Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Let My people go, that they may hold a feast unto Me in the wilderness. And Pharaoh said, Who is the LORD, that I should obey His voice to let Israel go? I know not the LORD, neither will I let Israel go.” Exodus 4v29-31&5v1-2

Unfortunately, Pharoah did not know that his time was expired, and that the time which he had been oppressing Israel, was declared to come to an end. That was the beginning of Pharaoh’s own set of problems. Now, as believers, we need to be persistent, and to fight the good fight of faith. Moses and Aaron experienced a sort of victory with the Israelites, who accepted the word and believed that the LORD had visited them, however, they came up against Pharaoh as an adversary, which was not going to give up so easily. What if Moses had turned back at that first refusal of Pharaoh? As children of God, let us not budge, but hold fast to whatever it is that we are waiting on God for – whether it is miracles, believing for a loved one’s salvation, children, husbands/wives…. Don’t compromise, and don’t give up. Allow God to perfect all that concerns you, and don’t be content just because one area of your life is fine, and think it is ok for the others not to be.

Subsidiary Texts: Jeremiah 46v17, Romans 9v17, Psalm 138v7-8
“They did cry there, Pharaoh king of Egypt is but a noise; he hath passed the time appointed.” Jeremiah 46v17

“For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew My power in thee, and that My name might be declared throughout all the earth.” Romans 9v17

“Though I am surrounded by troubles, You will protect me from the anger of my enemies. You reach out Your hand, and the power of Your right hand saves me. The LORD will work out His plans for my life – for Your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever. Don’t abandon me, for You made me.” Psalm 138v7-8
Have a very blessed day.

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your faithful love which endures forever, and I pray that for everything that presents itself as a problem in my life, You will work it out for Your glory in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts