Assurance of Victory (Moses, 2)

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for a new week, and all the opportunities that it brings, even as the Bible tells us that “For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.” (Ecclesiastes 9v4). So for the fact that we are alive, there are many opportunities and good things we can expectantly wait for. If God is sending you on a mission, however small, there is a cause for it. And it shall be recognized at the end of the day, that He is the One sending you. Don’t worry.

Primary Text: Exodus 3v11-12
“And He said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain.
And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is His name? what shall I say unto them?
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and He said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.” Exodus 3v12-14

Who sent you? Where is your credibility? How do I know that what you are saying is the truth? Why should I believe this God of whom you are telling me about? Surely there are many ways to God? Do not fear when people ask you, who sent you. Do not be afraid of their faces. God is the One who is sending you. To some, they will be receptive. To others, they will not be. But you do your part. You deliver His message. For there is a purpose. Goliath needed to be defeated. But when David began making his inquiries, he was accused falsely by his brother. But his response was “is there not a cause?” (1 Samuel 17v29). And undeterred, he went on asking other people. There was a reason for why God was sending Moses. His people were being oppressed, and they needed to be delivered. There is a cause for which God is sending you. Do not be deterred.

Subsidiary Text: Exodus 3v7-9
“And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of My people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows; And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites. Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto Me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them.” Exodus 3v7-9

Have a blessed day.

Prayer
Father, there is a cause for which You are sending me forth. Grant me the grace to fulfill Your total counsel in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts