Malleable

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His mercies, His grace, His love for us. How malleable are you in the hands of the Lord? When you are corrected, do you take it, or do you wander even further away?

Primary text: Jeremiah 18v1-6
“THE word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying,
Arise and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will cause thee to hear My words.
Then I went down to the potter’s house, and behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.
And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.
Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are ye in Mine hand, O house of Israel.” Jeremiah 18v1-6

Verses 7-10 speaks of how when God has spoken concerning a nation, to do evil towards them, if they repent, God will repent of this. However, if He has determined to do good, and they do evil and do not obey His voice, then He will repent of the good He intends to do to them. With regards to the clay in His hands, God is saying, as with the first scenario, that even when you miss it, and do wrong, you are still like clay in His hands. Repent and let Him mold you as seems good to Him. Are you malleable in the hands of the Lord? Don’t despise His chastening.

Subsidiary text: Jeremiah 18v11-12
“So, say this to the people of Judah and those who live in Jerusalem: ‘This is what the LORD says: I am preparing disaster for you and making plans against you. So stop doing evil. Change your ways and do what is right.’
But the people of Judah will answer, ‘It won’t do any good to try! We will continue to do what we want. Each of us will do what his stubborn, evil heart wants!’” Jeremiah 18v11-12 (New Century Version)

Jeremiah 18v11-12 shows a very wrong response to God’s reprimands. If the Lord is tugging at your heart to change your ways, or is sending people to you to change your ways, please do. Be as clay in His hands. Don’t be deceived and say there is no hope for You. There is always hope for you in God (Job 14v7-9).

Have a very blessed day.

Prayer point
Father, thank You for Your love and mercy. Father, I am as clay in Your hands, mold me as seems good to You in Jesus name, amen. If I have missed it in anyway, Lord, I am sorry. Forgive me. Mold me again as seems good to You in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts