Assurance of Victory (Moses, 4)

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His grace, His love for us, and His faithfulness.

Primary Text: Exodus 4v1
“And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not believe me, nor hearken unto my voice: for they will say, The LORD hath not appeared unto thee.” Exodus 4v1 (KJV)

“Moses objected, “They won’t trust me. They won’t listen to a word I say. They’re going to say, ‘God? Appear to him? Hardly!” Exodus 4v1 (The Message)

Another issue Moses presented with God was that, what if they do not believe me? What is your attitude towards a message that is given to you? How trusting or believing are you? Do you believe God’s Word? God’s prophets? Yes, the Bible cautions us that we should prove all spirits, and test all spirits… But we are also told that without faith it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11v6). Now what if people do not believe you? Lot’s sons-in-law did not believe him in Genesis 19v14 when he said that Sodom and Gomorrah was going to be destroyed. But he still tried. Sometimes, the problem may be we ourselves believing that God can use us, or the fear of what it means to be used by God. But if God asks you to do a thing, you can be rest assured that He would back you up (see Jeremiah 1v19).

Subsidiary Text: 2 Chronicles 20v20, 2 Corinthians 13v1
“And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshapath stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe His prophets, so shall ye prosper.” 2 Chronicles 20v20

“This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.” 2 Corinthians 13v1

“Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.” 1 John 4v1-3

Have a blessed day.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Word today. Thank You for Your purposes for my life. I pray Lord for the boldness to do what You require of me, regardless of my perceptions of myself and others in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts