Overcoming Tactics (2)

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. It seems like in life, we are always faced with decisions. I heard it once said that the decisions we make affect our destiny; that’s because the decisions we make today, have consequences for our tomorrow. But the good thing is that God wants to guide us in these decisions that we have to make.

Primary Texts: Psalm 32v8, Psalm 73v23-24
“I [the Lord] will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.” Psalm 32v8 (Amplified Bible)

“But even so, You love me! You are holding my right hand! You will keep on guiding me all my life with your wisdom and counsel, and afterwards receive me into the glories of heaven!” Psalm 73v23-24 (New Living Translation)

There are certain decisions we sometimes have to take in life that need wise counsel, for they have somewhat grave consequences. Interestingly enough, at each stage of life, we may need counsel for different things. This could range from what school to go to, to where to work, who to marry, a business deal, moving from place to place. It could even be more specific as to what project to embark on, what to do in ministry, where to go on missions e.t.c. God is looking to instruct us and guide us in the way that we should go. As believers, we have the Holy Spirit dwelling with us and in us, and He is called our Counselor. He is God with us. He might use others to speak to us, but through prayer, and the Word, we can also seek the face of God to see what He says about certain issues.

Subsidiary texts: John 14v26; John 17v13
“But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.” John 14v26 (Amplified Bible)

“But when He, the Spirit of Truth (the Truth-giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth (the whole, full Truth). For He will not speak His own message [on His own authority]; but He will tell whatever He hears [from the Father; He will give the message that has been given to Him], and He will announce and declare to you the things that are to come [that will happen in the future].” John 16v13 (Amplified Bible)

Prayer
Father, in the name of Jesus, please let me be sensitive to Your guidance and Your counsel, even by Your Spirit, in Jesus name, amen.


www.beeencouraged.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular Posts