Jesus, Our Example (2)

Hello everyone, How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Primary Text “For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in His steps. He never sinned, nor ever deceived anyone.” 1 Peter 2v21-22 (NLT) What a perfect example we have in our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ – He was without sin. Now we were born into a sinful nature, but we thank God that now we are born again, we have a clean slate, and we are washed in the blood of Jesus. Now we have peace with God and are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. 1 John 2v1-2 encourages us to not sin. But if we do sin, we do have an advocate with Jesus. 1 John 1v5-7 (AMP) says “And this is the message [the message of promise] which we have heard from Him and now are reporting to you: God is Light, and there is no darkness in Him at all [no, not in any way]. [So] if we say we are partakers together and enjoy fellowship with Him when we live and move and are walking about in darkness, we are [both] speaking falsely and do not live and practice the Truth [which the Gospel presents]. But if we [really] are living and walking in the Light, as He [Himself] is in the Light, we have [true, unbroken] fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses (removes) us from all sin and guilt [keeps us cleansed from sin and all its forms and manifestations].” Hallelujah. What a beautiful passage of Scripture. God is Light and there is no darkness in Him. If we say we are fellowshipping with Him and are living in darkness, then we are not living out the truth. Are you fellowshipping with Him? Supplementary Text “If we say we have no sin [refusing to admit that we are sinners], we delude and lead ourselves astray, and the Truth [which the Gospel presents] is not in us [does not dwell in our hearts]. If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action].” 1 Peter 1v8-9 (AMP) Father, I thank You for Your Word. Father, have Your way in me. I want to fellowship with the Light forever, not in deceptiveness to myself, but in reality. Forgive me for anyway I have been walking in darkness. Bring me into the light of Your Word, keep me in fellowship with the believers, and keep me cleansed from all sin by the blood of Jesus. This I pray in Jesus name, amen. And perhaps have never even known or had Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour, and you want to make that most important decision and make Him Lord over your life. The Bible says: “That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.” Romans 10v9-10 You can say this prayer: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen. If you said this prayer today, know that you are now a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church, and keep the faith! Welcome into God’s family. www.beeencouraged.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular Posts