Cocky, cocky…

Hello everybody,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Happy Sunday, I hope you have had a wonderful day so far. We thank God for sending Jesus to die on the Cross for us, and for Jesus laying down His life for us. We thank God because we have the life of God. However, though we give our lives to Christ, sometimes we still have the tendency to look at the things that we possess or “are” and to be confident because of that.

Primary Text: Philippians 3v3-4
“For we [Christians] are the true circumcision, who worship God in spirit and by the Spirit of God and exult and glory and pride ourselves in Jesus Christ, and put no confidence or dependence [on what we are] in the flesh and on outward privileges and physical advantages and external appearances –
Though for myself I have [at least grounds] to rely on the flesh. If any other man considers that he has or seems to have reason to rely on the flesh and his physical and outward advantages, I have still more!” Philippians 3v3-4 (Amplified Bible)

It is a dangerous thing to rely on the flesh or on self, because those who are in the flesh cannot please God. When you start placing your confidence on what you think you have or are or possess, you fall into trouble. You have to get to the point where you realize and know that without God and outside of Him you are nothing (John 15v4&5). One song I love says – “… all that I have comes from You, all that I am You have made me to be…” If not for God, where would we be? If He decides to take your breath today, or requires of your soul tonight like He did for the rich fool (Luke 12v16-21), where would you be?

Subsidiary Texts:
“It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” John 6v63

“For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.” Romans 7v18

“John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.” John 3v27

“For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.” Romans 8v5-8

Have a very blessed day.

Prayer
Father, I repent and ask for Your forgiveness for anyway I have been relying on my flesh, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts