Repititions…

Hello everybody,
How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for this wonderful day that He has made.

Primary Text: Philippians 3v1
“Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.” Philippians 3v1 (KJV)

“FOR THE rest, my brethren, delight yourselves in the Lord and continue to rejoice that you are in Him. To keep writing to you [over and over] of the same things is not irksome to me, and it is [a precaution] for your safety.” Philippians 3v1 (Amplified Bible)

“Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord. I never get tired of telling you these things, and I do it to safeguard your faith.” Philippians 3v1 (New Living Translation)

Paul here is saying, he doesn’t mind writing the same thing over and over to the brethren that were in the church in Philippi, for it was for their safety. Have you ever had a situation where you told someone to remind me once again why I made this decision? On our own, we can go over the goodness of God. We can recall His testimonies towards us. We can meditate on His Word over and over and over again, for our safety, to remind us once again of the goodness of God, and the fact that we are still in Him. Don’t forget the Word, and whatever happens, rejoice in the Lord.

Subsidiary Texts:
“This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.” 2 Corinthians 13v1

“God has spoken once, twice have I heard this: that power belongs to God.” Psalm 62v11 (Amplified Bible)

“He who is able to hear, let him listen to and heed what the [Holy] Spirit says to the assemblies (churches).” Revelations 2v29 (Amplified Bible)

“He who is able to hear, let him listen to and heed what the [Holy] Spirit says to the assemblies (churches).” Revelations 3v22 (Amplified Bible)

“And though the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your Teacher will not hide Himself any more, but your eyes will constantly behold your Teacher. And your ears will hear a word behind you, saying, This is the way; walk in it, when you turn to the right hand and when you turn to the left.” Isaiah 30v20-21 (Amplified Bible)

Prayer
Father, thank You for You care for my life. I pray that when You speak, and repeat the same thing over, I will hear and heed to Your Word in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts