A Consciousness of Him

Hello everybody,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His amazing grace, and love for us. He is the immortal, invincible, and only wise God.

Primary Text: Philippians 3v9
“And be found in Him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:” Philippians 3v9 (KJV)

“And that I may [actually] be found and known as in Him, not having any [self-achieved] righteousness that can be called my own, based on my obedience to the Law’s demands (ritualistic uprightness and supposed right standing with God thus acquired), but possessing that [genuine righteousness] which comes through faith in Christ (the Anointed One), the [truly] right standing with God, which comes from God by [saving] faith.” Philippians 3v9 (Amplified Bible)

Apart from counting all things but loss for the excellency of knowing Christ, Paul is also saying he wants to be found in Him; to be found in Christ, not having a righteousness that he has gone to establish himself through the law or the following of rules and regulations, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness of God, by faith. We have been made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, because of what was done for us by the death and resurrection of Jesus, we now have peace with God (Romans 5v1). But how many times do we keep that in view that Lord, I want to be found in You. I don’t ever want to be found outside of you. I want to identify with You.

Supplementary Verses
“And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on Him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
THEREFORE BEING justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.” Romans 4v22-5v2

“For wherein shall it be known here that I and Thy people have found grace in Thy sight? is it not in that Thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and Thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth.” Exodus 33v16

Prayer
Father in the name of Jesus, let Your presence always be with me. I repent of anyway I have gone about to establish my own righteousness, and thank You for making me the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. Father, I commit myself into Your care, and I pray You keep me from falling even until the perfect day, that when You return I might be found in You in Jesus name I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts