What He’s done…

Hello everybody,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His Word that is spirit and life. We thank God for the authority that we have as believers, and the power that has been given unto us, so much so that we trample on snakes and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing can by any means hurts us (Luke 10v19). Continuing to look at things that “purportedly” beckon for us to glory in, we see some more mentioned in Philippians 3v6.

Primary Text: Philippians 3v4&6
“Though for myself I have [at least grounds] to rely on the flesh. If any other man considers that he has or seems to have reason to rely on the flesh and his physical and outward advantages, I have still more!
As to my zeal, I was a persecutor of the church, and by the Law’s standard of righteousness (supposed justice, uprightness, and right standing with God) I was proven to be blameless and no fault was found with me.” Philippians 3v4 & 6 (Amplified Bible)

“as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for legalistic righteousness, faultless.” Philippians 3v6 (NIV)

What zeal do you have for the things of the Lord, and how has that pushed you to doing things for God? Are you doing it out of love (John 14v23), or has it become a way in which you mark that you have done this, this, and this and surely it is your ticket to heaven? I pray that indeed we would all continue to rely on the Spirit in our worship of the Lord, and not let the flesh take over even in worship in Jesus name, amen. How are you counting righteousness? Are you marking the number of good deeds, the number of truths, your “ability” not to tell a lie and using that as righteousness? Remember, our righteousness is like filthy rags before God (Isaiah 64v6). However, we have been made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 5v21).

Subsidiary Texts:
“As Jesus and His disciples were on their way, He came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to Him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what He said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to Him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!” “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary had chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.” Luke 10v38-42

Have a very blessed day.

Prayer
Father, we thank You for the gift of salvation. Father, please help me to realize that it is not about me or what I have or can do, but it is about You and what You have accomplished for me, because You love me in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts