Pressing on …

Hello everybody,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His faithfulness, and how we have access to His throne of grace because of what Jesus did for us. Isn’t it wonderful that we can pray to the God of the whole earth and He hears us. Indeed prayer changes things. Now, imagine Paul, saying in Philippians 3v12, that:

Primary Text: Philippians 3v12
“Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3v12 (KJV)

“Not that I have now attained [this ideal], or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold on (grasp) and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus (the Messiah) has laid hold of me and made me His own.” Philippians 3v12 (AMP)

“I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me.” Philippians 3v12 (NLT)

If you feel like you keep making mistakes in this Christian work, keep on going. Paul here is saying he himself has not yet reached perfection, or attained this ideal – of everything Christ has died for us for, but He presses on to achieve it. Some people missed it as well along the way, for instance David, and Abraham, but they did not turn back, they kept pressing on. Sometimes the path is rife with challenges, but we have to keep on pressing.

Supplementary Verses
“But thou, O man of God, flee these things, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.” 1 Timothy 6v11-12

“Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, My soul shall have no pleasure in him.” Hebrews 10v38

“WHEREFORE SEEING we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us. Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him that endured such contradiction of sinners against Himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.” Hebrews 12v1-3

Prayer
Father in the name of Jesus, please grant me the grace to finish this race.

Comments

Popular Posts