Knowing You Jesus …

Hello everybody,
How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Hmm, what can compare to the knowledge of knowing God? There is none greater, wiser, more majestic, more infinite in knowledge, than Him. None kinder, more holy or compassionate than Him. The rewards of serving Him, His mercies, they are just great. Every single thing that we could think we have, can never be compared to Him. After laying out what he could potentially boast in, the Apostle Paul in Philippians 3v7, says he counts all those as loss for Christ, and this is also aptly captured by a song by Graham Kendrick (lyrics and link included).

Primary Text: Philippians 3v7
“But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.” Philippians 3v7 (King James Version)

“I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done.” Philippians 3v7 (New Living Translation)

KNOWING YOU (ALL I ONCE HELD DEAR)
All I once held dear, built my life upon,
All this world reveres and wars to own;
All I once thought gain I have counted loss,
Spent and worthless now compared to this.

Chorus:
Knowing You, Jesus, knowing You
There is no greater thing.
You're my all, You're the best,
You're my joy, my righteousness,
And I love You Lord.

Now my heart's desire is to know You more,
To be found in You and known as Yours,
To possess by faith what I could not earn
All surpassing gift of righteousness

Oh to know the power of Your risen life,
And to know You in Your sufferings;
To become like You in Your death, my Lord,
So with You to live and never die.
By Graham Kendrick
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGbuz8QuhmE)

Prayer
Father, nothing compares to the knowledge of You. I lay everything – family, accomplishments, strengths, my all at Your feet, for what do I have that did not come from You, and who am I that You have not enabled me to be. I lay my life at Your feet and ask that You use it for Your glory in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts