For His Sake …

Hello everybody,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His great love for us and for watching over us. He is indeed faithful and true. We thank Him for sending Jesus to die on the Cross for us, and Jesus for laying down His life for us. We thank God for His Holy Spirit who dwells with us and is in us. We give Him all the glory for the excellency of knowing Him…

Primary Text: Philippians 3v8
“Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,” Philippians 3v8 (King James Version)

“Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ.” Philippians 3v8 (New Living Translation)

“Yes, furthermore, I count everything as loss compared to the possession of the priceless privilege (the overwhelming preciousness, the surpassing worth, and supreme advantage) of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord and of progressively becoming more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him [of perceiving and recognizing and understanding Him more fully and clearly]. For His sake I have lost everything and consider it all to be mere rubbish (refuse, dregs), in order that I may win (gain) Christ (the Anointed One),”

Wow. The Apostle Paul came to the understanding that there was nothing to be compared to the excellency of knowing Jesus. The Amplified Bible calls it the possession of the priceless privilege, a supreme advantage. In a sense it’s like, why do we do the things we do as believers? Why do you put the body under, or pray, or desire to know God more? Paul says he has lost everything, in order that he may win Christ. Wow. I pray that we all get to the point where we count everything but loss, for the knowledge of Him; that we may yearn to know Him more deeply and become intimately acquainted with Him. There is none like our God, and nothing like getting to know Him and His way of doing things.

Supplementary Verses
“One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in His temple.” Psalm 27v4

“When Thou sadist, Seek ye My face; my heart said unto Thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.” Psalm 27v8

Prayer
Lord, I want to know You more in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts