Examples

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for He is indeed an ever present help in trouble. Psalm 34v6&17 says that “This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.” and “The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.” In Philippians 3v17, Paul writes that:

Primary Text

Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an example.” Philippians 3v17 (KJV)

“Dear brothers and sisters, pattern your lives after mine, and learn from those who follow our example.” Philippians 3v17 (NLT)

Paul in his letter to the Philippians, asked them to follow him, and also learn from those who are doing the same. In essence, asking them to pattern their lives after his, look at his way of doing things. In 1 Corinthians 11v1, he also mentioned the same, saying “BE YE followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.” Paul was someone who followed Christ. He did not mind suffering for Christ, or being spent for fellow believers, he upheld others in prayer, and was not scared of dying. He also had great revelation of God, and was someone who counted all things but loss for the knowledge of knowing Christ. Are there people around you who you see living the same type of lives? What can you learn from them? One question we can think about from the Life Application Study Bible is - “What kind of follower would a new Christian become if he or she imitated you?” Philippians 4v12-13 gives a glimpse of the sort of person Paul was.

Supplementary Texts

“I know how to be abased and live humbly in straitened circumstances, and I know also how to enjoy plenty and live in abundance. I have learned in any and all circumstances the secret of facing every situation, whether well-fed or going hungry, having a sufficiency and enough to spare or going without and being in want. I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength in me; I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency.” Philippians 4v12-13 (AMP)

“Practice what you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, and model your way of living on it, and the God of peace (of untroubled, undisturbed well-being) will be with you.” Philippians 4v9 (NLT)

Have a very blessed day.

Prayer

Father, God of peace, I thank You for this day, praying in the name of Jesus for the grace to practice what I have learned, received, heard and seen in godly men and women doing.

www.beeencouraged.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular Posts