Enemies of the Cross of Christ

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His great and amazing grace for us. Now, while Paul had written, follow me, as I follow Christ, he was also quick to point out that there were those who were in essence, enemies of the cross.

Primary text

“(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even now weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ” Philippians 3v18

“For there are many, of whom I have often told you and now tell you even now with tears, who walk (live) as enemies of the cross of Christ (the Anointed One).” Philippians 3v18 (AMP)

I have heard it said that those who look at counterfeit notes (of money) usually study the original, so much so that when they see the counterfeit, they can quickly spot it. Unfortunately, there are those who would deceive believers, and turn them away from the Lord. Beloved, we have to hold onto the truth of the gospel. We have to be familiar with the Word enough that when we hear something that isn’t right, we would be quick to differentiate it.

Supplementary Texts

“I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, who called you to Himself through the loving mercy of Christ. You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News but is not the Good News at all. You are being fooled by those who deliberately twist the truth concerning Christ. Let God’s curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you. I say again that we have said before: If anyone preaches any other Good News than the one you welcomed, let that person be cursed.” Galatians 1v6-9 (NLT).

“NOW THE Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;” 1 Timothy 4v1-2

“Nevertheless, I have a few things against you: you have some people there who are clinging to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to set a trap and a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, [to entice them] to eat food that had been sacrificed to idols and to practice lewdness [giving themselves up to sexual vice]. Num. 25v1, 2; 31:16]. You also have some who in a similar way are clinging to the teaching of the Nicolaitans [those corrupters of the people] which things I hate. Repent [then]! Or else I will come to you quickly and fight against them with the sword of My mouth.” Revelations 2v14-16 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, in the name of Jesus, please grant me a spirit of discernment that I may be able to know those who are enemies of the Cross.

Comments

Popular Posts