Rejoice!

Hello everybody,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Happy happy happy new month. We thank the Lord for bringing us this far, for the breath of life, for hope for tomorrow, for His promises, and His plans for our lives. Hallowed be His name forevermore, amen.

Primary Text: Philippians 3v1
“Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord…” Philippians 3v1

The word rejoice according to the dictionary means to be glad, take delight, to make joyful, gladden (www.dictionary.com). Beloved, rejoice in the Lord. One definition of the word lord in the dictionary is “a person who has authority, control, or power over others; a master, chief, or ruler” (www.dictionary.com). And our God is not only lord, He is the Lord, and the Lord of lords. Rejoice in the Lord. Why? For His mercies endure forever. Why? Because He is in control. Why? Because He reigns forevermore. Why? He is able to do all things. He is our source. As believers, we have to learn not to allow our mood to be defined by circumstances around us, but to develop a relationship with the Lord where we can come to Him with all our troubles, worries, and cares, and let Him be our joy. Rejoice in the Lord.

Subsidiary Texts: 1 Thessalonians 5v16, Philippians 4v4, Zephaniah 3v17, Zechariah 2v10, Luke 1v47, Isaiah 61v10
“Rejoice evermore.” 1 Thessalonians 5v16

“Rejoice in the Lord always [delight, gladden yourselves in Him]; again I say, Rejoice!” Philippians 4v4 (Amplified Bible)

“The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing.” Zephaniah 3v17

“Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD.” Zechariah 2v10

“And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.” Luke 1v47

“I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, He hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.” Isaiah 61v10

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word today. I thank You because You are worthy. Thank You because You are my Deliverer, my Saviour and my Lord. You are faithful and I rejoice in You. You are my strength, my rock and my salvation. Blessed be Your holy name forevermore, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts