I Press ...

Hello everybody,
How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His mercies, His grace and His amazing love for us. He is a great God, great in wonders, and great in might; in His presence is fullness of joy and at His right hand are pleasures ever more (Psalm 16v11). May His presence never depart from you in Jesus name, amen.

Primary Text: Philippians 3v14
“I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3v14

Forgetting what is behind, and reaching forth to what is ahead, Paul says he presses toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. The calling that we have been called to is a high one, a heavenly one, a wonderful one, but one requiring faith, perseverance and endurance. How are you pressing? We have to run this race with the intent to win. It won’t do if after you have started, you yourself become a cast away. Keep on pressing, refusing to give up, refusing to give in. The challenges and trials you would face are natural, because the devil doesn’t want you to make it. So don’t be surprised at them. Instead, keep on pressing, refusing to give up, and refusing to give in, until like Paul you can say “I have fought a good fight…” 2 Timothy 4v7

Supplementary Verses
“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love His appearing.” 2 Timothy 4v7&8

“For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.” 2 Peter 2v21-22

“But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.” 1 Peter 4v10

“Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.” 1 Corinthians 9v24-27

Prayer
Father, thank You for the grace to keep on pressing on in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts