No advantage outside of the Lord.

Hello everybody,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. I hope you have had a wonderful Monday so far. We thank God for His grace, His goodness, and how He performs that which is appointed for us ☺ Now, what are some of the things or advantages or things in the flesh that speaks out that we should have confidence in? Paul gives some example in Philippians 3v5.

Primary Text: Philippians 3v4-5
“Though for myself I have [at least grounds] to rely on the flesh. If any other man considers that he has or seems to have reason to rely on the flesh and his physical and outward advantages, I have still more!
Circumcised when I was eight days old, of the race of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew [and the son] of Hebrews; as to the observance of the Law I was of [the party of] the Pharisees,” Philippians 3v4-5 (Amplified Bible)

Is there a particular tradition you are holding on to, that you think because you have done that, you have a ticket to heaven? Some may think, I was born into a Christian home, my parents are Christians, so I am good. Or, I was born in this particular country, so I am good. Or, I am of a particular ethnicity, so I am good. God is not a respecter of persons. Remember, those who are truly circumcised are not those who have confidence in the flesh, or physical or outward appearances… They are those who worship God through His Spirit, and have their pride in Christ Jesus, and do not put their trust in themselves or in anything they can do (Philippians 3v3, New Century Version). That is refreshing news indeed.

Subsidiary Texts:
“But by the grace of God I am what I am: and His grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.” 1 Corinthians 15v10

“I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in (by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself up for me.” Galatians 2v20 (Amplified Bible)

“Are you so foolish and so senseless and so silly? Having begun [your new life spiritually] with the [Holy] Spirit, are you now reaching perfection [by dependence] on the flesh?” Galatians 3v3

Have a very blessed day.

Prayer
Father, we thank You for the gift of salvation. We thank You even for the grace to worship You by Your Spirit and for Jesus who lives on the inside of us in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts