Attaining the resurrection…

Hello everybody,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Our God is mighty, He is merciful, He is faithful and He is true, there is none like unto Him and nothing can compare to Him. Paul writes in Philippians 3v10&11 that he might know Him, the power of His resurrection, the fellowship of His suffering, being made conformable unto His death, if by any means he might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Primary Text: Philippians 3v11
“so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead!” Philippians 3v11 (NLT)

What is this resurrection of the dead for the believers? It is a likeness of the resurrection of Christ (Romans 5v6), it is a new life for us, given that we have become new creatures when we are in Christ (2 Corinthians 5v17). It is a life lived by faith in the Son of God (Galatians 2v20).



Supplementary Verses

“IF THEN you have been raised with Christ [to a new life, thus sharing His resurrection from the dead], aim at and seek the [rich, eternal treasures] that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. [Ps. 110:1] And set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth.” Colossians 3v1-2 (AMP)

“For if we have been planted together in the likeness of His death, we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.” Romans 6v5-6

“I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in (by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself up for me.” Galatians 2v20 (AMP)

“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” 2 Corinthians 5v17


Prayer
Father, in the name of Jesus, I thank You for the new life that I have in You. I thank You because I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. I thank You because I live this life by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave His life for me. I bless Your holy name in Jesus name, amen. I pray for the grace to keep my mind fixed on things above, where Jesus is seated at the right hand of God, and not on things of this earth in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts