Be Not Dismayed!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text:
“Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God...” Isaiah 41v10 (AMP)

When we look around you now, what do you see? Just putting on the news alone is enough to bring about dismay, or discouragement. From economic downturns, natural and man made disasters, to fightings around the world, even the moral state of things, is enough to bring discouragement. In our own personal lives too, the size of our wallets, compared to the size of our bills, or the thought of tomorrow and what the future holds, can enable one to be dismayed. But God says, do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. In fact, He says to us “These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world” (John 16v33). In Isaiah, the Bible says: ‘The LORD has given me a strong warning not to think like everyone else does. He said, “Don’t call everything a conspiracy, like they do, and don’t live in dread of what frightens them. Make the LORD of Heaven’s Armies holy in your life. He is the One you should fear. He is the One who should make you tremble” (Isaiah 8v11-13, NLT). Children of God, this is the time to get closer to God than ever before, to know His Word and what He says concerning every issue. To seek His face on every matter, and make Him your delight and your fear. Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to You.” (James 4v8).

Supplementary Text:
“I love You, LORD; You are my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. I called on the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and He saved me from my enemies.” Psalm 18v1-3 (NLT)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word this day, and I thank You for You are my God, my Shield, my Strength, my Strong Tower, my High Tower, my Everything. I have no reason to be dismayed in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts