Jesus Understands!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text: Hebrews 2v16-18
“For surely it is not angels He helps, but Abraham’s descendants. For this reason He had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that He might make atonement for the people. Because He Himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted.” Hebrews 2v16-18 (NIV)

You just don’t understand what I am going through, is something we might often want to say to people. But Jesus understands what we are going through. He came to earth, and took on human flesh. He suffered temptation just as we did, had near death experiences, even died, He was acquainted with grief, He was despised (Isaiah 53v3), misunderstood, betrayed, He was hungry, He fasted, He understands. In all of this, He was without sin, and He is able to help us when we are being tempted. When you are going through tough times, through temptations, through trials, come to Jesus. It is definitely not the time to run away or feel like a bad person, or want to get everything all together, Jesus is able to help you through all that you go through. In fact we are told to come BOLDLY before God’s throne of grace, where we can obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need (Hebrews 4v16). When we are experiencing weakness of any form – emotional, spiritual, intellectual, in our relationships, let His strength be made perfect in that situation. Come to Jesus – if you are heavy laden or burdened, and He will give you rest (Matthew 11v28).

Supplementary Text:
“But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me! So for the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure in infirmities, insults, hardships, persecutions, perplexities and distresses; for when I am weak [in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful in divine strength).” 2 Corinthians 12v9&10 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word, and I pray that Your strength be made perfect in my every weakness, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts