His Number: GOD

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His mercies, His goodness, His grace, His faithfulness, His lovingkindness and tendermercies. I had a conversation with someone recently, and we were talking about religion. She brought up different issues about contradictions, bad things in the Bible… all of that. But at the end, the conclusion I felt led to tell her was that, if you are ever in a fix, and there is no one around, call on God, He loves you. And she asked me, what is His number. I said GOD. The Bible says:

Primary Text: 2 Corinthians 4v4
“In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.” 2 Corinthians 4v4 (KJV)

There are many misconceptions about God, among those who have not yet come to know Him as God, even through our Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible telling us that the god of this world has blinded their minds. On the other hand, even among well meaning people – like Saul, who was persecuting the church initially, and God’s own people. God saying, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge” (Hosea 4v6). Do you want to know God more? Why don’t you ask Him? Moses prayed that God will show him His glory (see Exodus 33v18). Paul said “I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised Him from the dead. I want to suffer with Him, sharing in His death,” (Philippians 3v10, NLT). Let us draw near to Him, and really desire to know God more. “… the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits” (Daniel 11v32)

Supplementary Text
“While Jeremiah was still confined in the courtyard of the guard, the LORD gave him this second message: “This is what the LORD says – the LORD who made the earth, who formed and established it, whose name is the LORD: Ask Me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come.” Jeremiah 33v1-3 (NLT)

Prayer
Father, I pray that you will give me spiritual wisdom and insight so that I might grow in the knowledge of God in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts