Distractions

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. The Bible tells us about the parable of the sower. Now while some of the seeds fell by the way side, and some on stony ground, and some on good soil, there were some that fell by the thorns.

Primary Text
“As for what was sown among thorns, this is he who hears the Word, but the cares of the world and the pleasure and delight and glamour and deceitfulness of riches choke and suffocate the Word, and it yields no fruit.” Matthew 13v22 (AMP).

There is a verse of scripture that I was initially hesitant to pray, but now I think is a good one (see Proverbs 30v7-9 below). The Bible says, “Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.” Stop worrying about what you shall eat, or drink, or put on, these are the things that gentiles worry about (Matthew 6v31-33). The Psalmist writes, “I have been young, and now am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, or his seed begging bread (Psalm 37v25). Does that mean we don’t do any work, or sit down? Not at all! But follow God, and follow His principles. “Set your affection on things above, and not on things on the earth (Colossians 3v2). God can make you very great, but let Him be the One to do so. “For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?” (Matthew 16v26). Follow God, follow His principles.

Supplementary Text
“Two things have I required of Thee; deny me them not before I die: Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.” Proverbs 30v7-9 (KJV)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. Father, I submit to Your plan for my life. Father, provide for me, provide for my family. Father, remove far from me vanity and lies, give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: Lest I be full, and deny Thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts